Pricing & Policies
Be informed about the policies that apply to all clients and sessions.
Counselling Costs in Calgary
We Offer Flexible Billing!
Our fees are offered on a sliding scale. Prices for sessions vary depending on your income range and your individual circumstances, and allow you the opportunity to schedule sessions as often as you require without feeling limited by cost. You may also opt to meet with 2 counsellors in a session, sometimes at no additional cost.
These details will be discussed with you clearly at your complimentary Coffee & Chat introductory meeting, which is a chance for you to meet us and learn more about our pricing & policies, with no obligation. We prefer our Coffee & Chat meetings in person, to know you better, but currently also offer them by phone or online.
“The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.”
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The Ever-Important Paperwork
- Intake paperwork is typically completed prior to the first session. Paperwork is provided to you at the Coffee & Chat introductory meeting.
- Our counsellors reserve the right to take 10-15 minutes at the beginning of the first session to review your intake paperwork, as needed.
- In the event that paperwork is not filled out between the Coffee & Chat and the first session, you will be asked to take a few minutes prior to their session to complete it.
How We Handle Billing
- Payments for sessions are taken 2 business days prior to the scheduled session, at 12:00pm
- Your invoice will be emailed to you after your session, so you may submit it to your insurance provider
- We’re quite flexible in working with your insurance provider, since we offer a team-based approach and will list all of our certified counsellors, registered psychologists and social workers on your invoice.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policies
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur. However, missed and late-cancelled appointments limit our ability to help you, as well as others who could be seen during the time reserved for you. Therefore, our policies are as follows:
- Cancellations require advanced notification to avoid charges for session costs.
- Sessions that are cancelled before 12:00pm of the 2 business days prior will not be charged.
- If cancelling an appointment after 12:00pm of the 2 business days prior to your session, or for no-shows (unexcused absences), the full cost of the session will be charged.
Illness / Emergencies
- For illness, COVID-19 related symptoms, or emergencies, please call our Administrator, or your counsellor, at 587‑318‑0018 to switch to a video sesion.
- If severely unwell, we can reschedule your session. Cancelled or rescheduled appointments that are due to emergencies or illness will be refunded to the credit card on file, unless otherwise stated.
- Counsellors hold the right to use their discretion regarding COVID-19, illness, and emergencies. Our regular cancellation and reschedule policies still apply. View our full COVID-19 policies.
- Sessions that are rescheduled before 12:00pm of the 2 business days prior will not be charged.
- If rescheduling after that time, the following policies apply…
- If the session can be rescheduled within 14 days of the original appointment, you will not be charged for the full cost of the session, but will be charged for half of the agreed rate plus a $15 admin fee.
- If the session cannot be rescheduled within the 14 days, you will be charged for the full cost of the session.
- If rescheduling less than 3 hours before, or at, the time of a scheduled session, you will be charged for the full cost for sessions plus a $15 admin fee.
When you need to reschedule / cancel a session…
For Monday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Thursday
For Tuesday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Friday
For Wednesday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Monday
For Thursday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Tuesday
For Friday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Wednesday
For Saturday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Wednesday
Please pay special attention to any potential holidays or closures that we may be experiencing. These details can be found in our monthly email newsletters.
For rescheduling / cancellations, call 587-318-0018 to ensure we can help you promptly.
If leaving a voicemail, we require that you include the reason for cancellation. Do not cancel by email or text message, since we can’t guarantee the immediate receipt of your message.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic we have some new, temporary policies in place.
This complimentary, no obligation meeting will let you see if we’re a good fit for you.