Pricing & Policies
Be informed about the policies that apply to all clients and sessions.
Counselling Costs in Calgary
We Offer Flexible Billing!
Our fees are offered on a sliding scale. Prices for sessions vary depending on your income range and your individual circumstances, and allow you the opportunity to schedule sessions as often as you require without feeling limited by cost. You may also opt to meet with 2 counsellors in a session, sometimes at no additional cost.
These details will be discussed with you clearly at your complimentary Coffee & Chat introductory meeting, which is a chance for you to meet us and learn more about our pricing & policies, with no obligation. We prefer our Coffee & Chat meetings in person, to know you better, but currently also offer them by phone or online.
“The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.”
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The Ever-Important Paperwork
- Intake paperwork is typically completed prior to the first session. Paperwork is provided to you at the Coffee & Chat introductory meeting.
- Our counsellors reserve the right to take 10-15 minutes at the beginning of the first session to review your intake paperwork, as needed.
- In the event that paperwork is not filled out between the Coffee & Chat and the first session, you will be asked to take a few minutes prior to their session to complete it.
How We Handle Billing
- Payments for sessions are taken 48 business hours prior to the scheduled session
- Your invoice will be emailed to you after your session, so you may submit it to your insurance provider
- We’re quite flexible in working with your insurance provider, since we offer a team-based approach and will list our certified counsellors, registered psychologists and social workers on your invoice.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policies
- Rescheduling and cancellations require 48 administrative hours of advanced notification (during business days and hours) to avoid charges. View cancellation times.
- Sessions that are rescheduled or cancelled outside of the 48 hour window above will not be charged
- Late-cancelled sessions (within the 48 hour window above) that are able to be rescheduled within the same week qualify for a refund minus a $15 admin fee.
- Very late-cancelled sessions (within 8 hours of the scheduled session) that are able to be rescheduled within the same week qualify for a 50% refund with a $15 admin fee charged.
- Other late-cancelled sessions and all no-shows (unexcused absences that are not due to an emergency) will not be refunded
- If you need to cancel a session or miss a session due to an emergency, you will be refunded the full cost of the session. Judgment of whether the cancellation is an emergency resides with your counsellor.
When you need to reschedule / cancel a session…
For Monday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Thursday
For Tuesday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Friday
For Wednesday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Monday
For Thursday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Tuesday
For Friday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Wednesday
For Saturday sessions, please contact us before 12:00 pm on Wednesday
Please pay special attention to any potential holidays or closures that we may be experiencing. These details can be found in our monthly email newsletters.
For rescheduling / cancellations, call 587-318-0018 to ensure we can help you promptly.
If leaving a voicemail, we require that you include the reason for cancellation. Do not cancel by email or text message, since we can’t guarantee the immediate receipt of your message.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic we have some new, temporary policies in place.
This complimentary, no obligation meeting will let you see if we’re a good fit for you.